To host a conference on the Cornell campus, you, the client, must obtain the following insurance:
Commercial General Liability Insurance subject to at least limits of $1,000,000 each occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. Coverage must be provided for Bodily Injury, Broad Form Property Damage, Contractual Liability, and Products-Completed Operations.
- FOR ANY EVENT INCLUDING UNACCOMPANIED MINORS, the policy shall provide coverage for any incidents related or connected to or arising out of sexual molestation, sexual or physical assault, or abuse, required and shall NOT include an employee exclusion. The corresponding certificate of insurance must indicate as such.
- The policy shall be endorsed to be Primary and Non-Contributory to any insurance held by Cornell University and shall contain provisions giving Cornell at least 30 days written (10 days in the case of non-payment) notice of cancellation, non-renewal or other change in coverage.
Automobile Liability Insurance (if applicable), covering owned, hired, and non-owned vehicles, in an amount not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit each accident.
- For Charter Bus Companies, the minimum Automobile Liability coverage required is $5,000,000.
Workers Compensation with statutory limits in accordance with the workers’ compensation laws of New York State, and Employer’s Liability Insurance with limits of not less than $1,000,000 each accident for bodily injury or disease.
Umbrella/Excess Liability on an occurrence basis and that applies excess of the required underlying general liability, automobile liability, and employer’s liability policies in an amount not less than $5,000,000 Annual Aggregate. Coverage must be follow-form over the underlying Commercial General Liability, Automobile Liability, and Employer’s Liability policies.
Accident Insurance for all attendees engaging in Client-sponsored athletic activities with coverage limits of no less than $5,000 per accident per attendee. These are minimum limits, and Client shall have the recommended option to carry higher limits of accident insurance coverage for attendees. Client has the discretionary option to procure this accident insurance coverage on either an Excess Insurance Basis or Primary Basis.
Property insurance (optional) insuring all equipment and personal property brought on University property by Client. Such insurance shall be written on a replacement cost basis in an amount equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the full replacement value. Cornell will NOT be responsible for any equipment or property that is lost, stolen, damaged, or left behind by the Client or attendees.
Other Insurance Requirements
- These minimum requirements shall not limit the liability or relieve the Client of any obligation or responsibilities under this Agreement. Cornell reserves the right to require additional coverage or to increase limits if Client’s activities or use of University property changes. Any changes to these requirements shall only be made in writing and agreed upon by all parties.
- All liability insurance required to be maintained shall be issued on an “occurrence” basis by an insurance company licensed or authorized to do business in New York State with a rating of A- VII or better by A.M. Best.
- Certificates of insurance shall evidence that Cornell University, its trustees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees are included as additional insureds. This is a mandatory requirement and cannot be waived. Certificate of insurance for all policies required of the Client must be received by the Cornell, at least 15 days prior to program or event commencement.
- Should Client engage the services of any contractor or vendor to perform services on University property, the Client shall ensure that such contractor/vendor carries all required insurance in the same forms and amounts as required of the Client under the Agreement, and shall include Cornell University, its trustees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees as additional insureds under those policies.
The Client shall inform the University Risk Management and Insurance department of all incidents and/or accidents that occur on University premises or that might otherwise give rise to a claim against the University and shall be responsible for providing appropriate written notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notification shall be provided as soon as reasonably possible but will not exceed twenty-four (24) hours after the Client is aware of the incident/accident.