From a large conference to an intimate retreat, a professional meeting, complete conference management, or a limited support package Cornell's experienced and professional Conference & Event Services planners are here to help you stage an exceptional event!
When you partner with us, we assure you:
- Personalized service - We'll be your single point of contact for all the locations and resources you need on Cornell's campus.
- Customized support - We know that no two events are alike, and will work with you to create a package designed to meet your specific budget and goals.
- Value - We offer an affordable and flexible alternative to high-priced conference centers.
Learn more about our comprehensive event planning services:
Let us manage all aspects of your event registration, online or on-site.
Online registration services:
- Customized online conference registration – stand-alone website or link for your existing website
- Accept secure online payments and send automatic email confirmations
- Collect all data necessary to your program, including meal preferences and housing reservations
- Regular registration status updates
On-site registration services:
- Nametags, folders, handouts, and other materials created and distributed
- Complete registration set-up, including transportation of all materials to the venue
- Signage and Conference Services staff members to greet and provide information to guests
- On-site event registration and receipts, with payment accepted (cash, check, credit card)
Account Management Services
We can provide customized budgetary planning and management for your event, including:
- A detailed budget customized and managed for your program
- A University account created to handle all payments and accounting
- Insurance, contracts, and University use-of-property and departmental approvals secured
- Goods and services contracted and vendor relationships managed in accordance with University policies and procedures
- Assistance determining per-person costs for registration fees
- Invoices processed
- Regular budget updates
- Post-event accounting reconciled
We will be your single point of contact for all on-campus space reservation needs. From suggesting locations to coordinating setup, support requirements, and all required University approvals, our planning team can assist as much or little as you like. Many popular options can be seen by clicking the link here.
Dining and Catering
We can arrange on-campus meals with our partners at Cornell Dining, in their dining rooms. We can customize a meal package for your group that could include meal swipes at all-you-care-to-eat facilities, retail debit plans, or catered events. We can also assist with off-campus restaurant reservations and catered events. Check out the catering menus here.
Transportation and Parking
Shuttle service coordination
Obtaining quotes from up to three transportation companies that meet your group’s needs. Arranging payment, pick-up times and locations, drop-off locations, and creating a timeline for the shuttle route based on the client’s request.
Bus pass coordination for TCAT (local public bus system)
Obtaining TCAT bus passes and arranging a bus to arrive at a designated on-campus location for guests to easily utilize, for a designated time frame.
Parking permit coordination
Coordinate with University Transportation to reserve parking spaces on campus. This could mean the creation of a Click-and-Park site where people can log in to pay and print their pass before arriving on campus. This could also entail meetings with University Transportation and site visits to determine the best route to campus.
Our welcome packets are provided to guests in a Cornell University folder and include 1 campus map, 1 notepad, 1 pen, Local pamphlets, a customizable welcome letter, and any additional materials provided by you.
Nametags can be provided separately or upgraded within a package.
Tier 1:Blank sticker nametags with markers
Tier 2: Nametags printed on cardstock and placed in a protective plastic pocket with a magnet
Tier 3: Nametags printed on cardstock using logos and watermarks, placed in a protective plastic sleeve, attached to lanyards. Includes tabletop nametags if requested.
Conference & Event Services and our friends at the Cornell Store can customize a gift bag for your attendees or speakers at a variety of price points. Our Planners are happy to help you select the perfect Cornell or Ithaca gifts. From notebooks, coffee mugs, and local coffee, t-shirts, hats, and water bottles, we can help create a memorable event for your guests.
Tastings and Tours
There are plenty of things to see, do, taste, and experience at Cornell University and the greater Ithaca area that will enhance your conference experience.
Whether you want to take advantage of Cornell's many offerings – or explore the natural beauty and cultural opportunities beyond campus – our Conference Planners can advise you on your options and help you make plans, reservations, and arrange for transportation.
- Cornell's famed 18-hole Robert Trent Jones golf course: designed by an alumnus who became the world's foremost architect of golf courses
- The University's Johnson Museum: recognized as having one of the finest collections of art in upstate New York, and featuring more than 20 special exhibitions a year
- The trails and gardens of the Cornell Botanic Gardens
- Excellent birding at the world-famous Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology
- Canoeing on Cornell's Beebe Lake (please contact us for information)
- Cornell's bowling center, with its own Kegler's Pub
Known for its beautiful lakes, streams, and spectacular waterfalls, it's no wonder locals exclaim "Ithaca Is Gorges"!
Our Planners connect with area partners to coordinate any available area tours or trips to a local state park for your group.
- Exploring the 100-plus waterfalls and gorges within ten miles of downtown, including the tallest waterfall in the northeast at Taughannock Falls State Park
- Touring Cayuga Lake three miles west of campus, with sight-seeing cruises and boat or kayak rentals
- Wine tasting along the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail or one of the neighboring Finger Lakes, an area known among wine connoisseurs nationwide
- Visiting the unique Ithaca Farmers Market, open on the Cayuga lakefront every weekend from April until December
Conferences, Meetings ... and More
Cornell Conference & Event Services hosts more than professional and academic conferences and meetings. We also specialize in retreats, special events, and Cornell-affiliated youth camps. Please contact us to learn more.